I find myself both surprised and dismayed by the attitude of some expatriates living in a welcoming country like Costa Rica, who continually express contempt for their host and adopted country. This situation prompts me to ponder the nature of their discontent. How can one harbor such critical feelings towards a people known for their warmth, rich culture, lifestyle, and Latin rhythm?
The public expression of this contempt, especially on social media, is particularly troubling. It raises a fundamental question: perhaps these individuals will never find a haven of peace and happiness, no matter the location. Maybe happiness first lies within oneself, before seeking it elsewhere.
It is vital to be honest with oneself before seeking happiness beyond the borders of one’s native country. This introspection may lead to a better understanding of what truly makes us happy and, consequently, to greater respect for the place and the people who welcome us.
This behavior seems all the more puzzling given that these individuals have chosen to settle in Costa Rica. If the lifestyle does not match their ideal of happiness, why not consider returning to their country of origin? After all, respecting the culture and values of the host country should be a priority for any expatriate.
In conclusion, it is crucial to reflect on our own attitudes and expectations before criticizing our surroundings. Happiness and respect are personal quests that begin with self-understanding and a sincere openness to other cultures.
What do you think? Leave me your point of view at the bottom of the article here in Mag!
- El renacer de un clásico: Sébastien Dhavernas y su « Historia de un Amor »
- À venir sur Pepito Live : 10 avocats spécialisés en immigration discuteront de la situation actuelle de l’immigration au Costa Rica en 2024
- Coming to Pepito Live: 10 immigration lawyers to talk about the actual situation in immigration in Costa Rica in 2024
- Sébastien Dhavernas: un voyage musical avec « Historia de un Amor »
- Émission Pepito Live: les Vigneault se racontent